EAI SIMUtools 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference (with an on-site possibility).
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
Although we will miss having everyone meet and connect in person, we feel strongly that knowledge exchange must continue, if not more so. That is why we have equipped our online conferences with live viewing with chat, virtual Q&A, and a multitude of other measures to provide you with a great experience. Learn more about EAI’s online conferences.
If the situation allows it, the event will take place in its original location with an option to present remotely. In any case, all matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
SIMUTools 2021 is the 13th edition of the annual International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques. The conference focuses on a broad range of research challenges in the field of system modelling and simulation, software simulation, communication networks’ modelling and analysis, AI system simulation and performance analysis, big data simulation analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, systems, networks, methods, platforms, models, practices and software, emulation software, simulation tools, emulation tools. The conference is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains.
Building on the success of the previous editions (2019-2020), this year’s edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community, the emulation community, the development community, the application community, the production community, and the different user communities. The SIMUTools 2021 conference will be held in Xuzhou, China, on September 17-19, 2021.
The conference invites submissions on the topics below in all areas of simulations and emulations. Submissions in interdisciplinary areas are especially encouraged, such as. Smart transportation, Smart Cities, big data Health, Intelligent communication, AI-based networking, Intelligent networking, Electromagnetic cognitive, Environment, Electromagnetic spectrum analysis, Mathematic analysis and simulation, Societal Challenges, Digital Humanities, network security, ICT Infrastructure, Intelligent manufacturing, Intelligent Business, and so on. The conference also invites posters, demos, and technical demonstrations that report on recent results, ongoing research or industrial case studies in the area of the platforms, tools, and technologies related to simulations and emulations.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
SIMUTools’ general topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Simulation for AI-enabled networks
- Simulation for spectrum learning and prediction
- Simulation for Spectrum measurements and learning of spectrum usage
- Machine learning techniques for networks
- Deep learning techniques for networks
- Reinforcement learning and transfer learning for networks
- Applications and services (e.g., cognitive networking, massive MIMO, NOMA, intelligent reflecting surface, and full-duplex)
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation.
- QoS Provisioning for Massive Machine-Type Communications and in IoT Networks
- Design and Evaluation of Energy Efficient Networks and Services
- Design and Evaluation of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Design and Evaluation of Application/Service Oriented Networking
- Performance Evaluation Techniques including Modeling, Simulations and Testbeds
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation.
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Design and Performance Evaluation of AI/ML-enabled Networks
- Design and Performance Evaluation of IoV and V2X Networks
- Network Slicing and Resource Allocation for Radio Access and Core Networks
- Quality and Performance of Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) and Fog Computing Solutions
- Quality, Measurements and Performance in IoT and Big Data Applications
- Integration of Objects, Devices and Systems for Industry 4.0 and Society 5.0 Applications
- Security, Reliability, Privacy and Trust by Design and Performance Evaluation
- Scalability, Robustness and Resilience
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis.
- Modeling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others.
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization.
- Simulation packages: widely used frameworks such as Modelica, NS-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, Mininet, and other open source software for modeling and simulation.
- Cloud-based simulation and techniques:
- Big data simulation and techniques: big data analysis, big data modeling and processing
- Network simulation and techniques for 5G and 6G: simulation softwares and simulation tools for 5G and 6G.
- Electromagnetic cognitive simulation and techniques.
- testbeds, simulation tools, and hardware prototypes
- Quality and Performance in Beyond 5G Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Network Traffic Characterization, Measurement and Monitoring Techniques
- Formal Verification Methods for QoS and Reliability
- Innovative Modeling Techniques for Large Scale and Emerging Network Technologies
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: SIMUtools Conference Proceedings.
SIMUtools proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus, Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems (Open Access) – recently accepted for inclusion in Scopus
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
10 August 2021
24 August 2021
7 September 2021